Love our Halswell showhome? This is the exact same plan and it’s a real street stunner from every aspect!
The key focal point is its magnificent pitched roof – the raking ceiling adds an intriguing use of angles to create more vertical space within the home. With a sunny kitchen and flowing living areas and perfectly placed bedrooms and bathrooms it is ideal for a family, young couple or retirees. There’s also a study nook, extra laundry space and a wonderful terrace area for winter mulled wines or summer cocktail coolers.
If you desire a modern and ‘edgy’ home then look no further than the Bowen.
Standard inclusions with all designs
- Pre-wiring for future solar, and EV charging
- WELS rated mixer tapware throughout your home with choice of tap design available
- European appliances selected for quality, energy efficiency and performance. Bosch brand or upgrade to Miele
- Full painting and decorating with Resene® low VOC paints, including the garage
- Increased insulation - our homes are fully compliant to meet and exceed H1 insulation requirementsFor example, 90mm exterior wall framing is insulated to R2.6 in Auckland and R2.8 in Christchurch, and 140mm to R3.2 and R4.1 respectivelyDue to covering 6 different climate zones for the new H1 regulations, the further south you build in New Zealand, the more your specifications will increaseThermal modelling impacts your whole home, including glazing, wall thickness, roofing, aluminium joinery and foundations
- Insulated concrete floor (climate zone dependent, as per plan) - ductile steel meshed with fully insulated perimeter foundation to minimise thermal loss
Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to building your new Green Home, we work with you throughout the entire process. We want to make sure that you receive not only the best experience while building your Green Home, but the best home available. We work with everyone’s budget! Early on in the design process, our builder will give you an indicative estimate of what your design concepts – whether it be on a napkin or professionally drawn! From this point, we work with your budget to give you what you and your family want!
Of course! When you make contact with GH Builders, make sure to mention that you are looking at knocking down an existing structure so that we can begin to understand your situation, and build around what you need and want.
Absolutely! We are constantly growing our design range however with our inhouse design team, we can flip, alter, add, remove, grow any element of each home. We want our off the wall homes to be a platform for you to start from. We are building a home around you and your lifestyle – so changes will nearly be expected! If you don’t like having a 4th bedroom, and would rather a second living room, make sure to tell us!
Best way to start is by scribbling your dream onto a piece of paper. 80% of our Green Home owners started out with a napkin and a dream – and it is our mission to give you the home of your dreams. When you have an initial Discovery Meeting, make sure to bring all iterations of your future home so that our builders can have a look and work with you to make sure that it will work on your block and take advantage of the natural elements. From there we pass it on to our in-house design team for them to mock up and give you a look at what your home may look like!
Costs may be involved in this process, however from initial contact, these figures will be made available.
Our Australian franchisor began operating in 2006, they have over 30 franchises and growing and are now operating in New Zealand and the United States. Green Homes New Zealand commenced business in 2016 and is also expanding its network across the country – we currently service the Coromandel, Auckland, Christchurch, Taranaki, Tauranga and Wanaka/Cromwell/Queenstown areas.