A Buyer’s Guide to Heating
Here are some top tips to choosing your new home heating system to keep warm this winter!
- Find out the size of the area you wish to heat and whether you have a preference for a style of heating, for example, radiant vs. convection.
- Always have energy efficiency top of mind. Glass-fronted, sealed, linear units are the most efficient option particularly for open plan areas.
- In terms of room size to heat output ratio, reverse-cycle air-conditioning is the most efficient form of electric heating.
- Linear-style heating units are a key design trend. The glass-fronted, sealed, linear units are the most efficient star-rated fires and they can also be a primary source of heat for the home, having less reliance on other heating units.
- Whether you are able to install a flue vertically will influence the products available to you, as will whether you have access to natural gas or LPG.
- Do your research and understand what is good value for money. There are many different products available and each vary in price.
- Consider the heating capacity of the unit. For example, the longer the linear unit the greater the heating capacity. If you only require heat for about 100sqm do not look at the units that heat 300sqm, as you won’t be using the fire to its full capacity.